6 - 13 October 2017
Calling all seafood fans, be part of the nation’s biggest seafood celebration SEAFOOD WEEK 2017.
Previous partners include household names to independents across the U.K. and this year’s event is sure to be even bigger and better than ever
Thank you to everyone for entering and voting in our competition. We were overwhelmed by all your creative entries. Congratulations to all our winners:
- Cathy McNaught (£50 Franco's voucher)
- Julie Reilly Mackay (£50 Hectors voucher)
- David Clark (£50 Armstrong's voucher)
- Davy Fulton (£50 Stockbridge Restaurant voucher)
- Jamie Miller (£50 Taisteal voucher)
To redeem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by midday 10 Nov.
See all entries below.
- Waiter- How did you find your fish madam? Me - It was hiding behind a chip! Sarah Downs
- I’ve been herring that Stockbridge Local is the best plaice to be! Susan Lowes
- This Facebook page has reeled me in! Susan Lowes
- I need more time to mullet over!! Tiffany Ronaldson
- Carp-e diem! If there's a batter, more turbot-charged, brill-iant competition just now, let minnow. For-tuna-lately, I seem to have come to the right plaice! (Okay, okay, you've probably haddock enough...) Cathy George
- Holy shrimp! This scampi happening! That wasn't too bad I thought, though I cod do better Helen Denise Lee
- I'm sure salmon on here will find my fish pun very sofishticated!! If you can think of a better one let minnow!! Sarah Derby
- I’ll be breaming ear to ear when I clam my prize from this plaice! Kathryn MacKinnon Cook
- Whale whale whale... what do we have here? Noelie Charlita
- If you can think of anything better than fish let me minnow so keep clam & mullet over. Shirley Burnett
- You're Krilling me here. Mary Marshall
- I could tell you about fish but I'm afraid I'll clam up. Eleanor Rennie
- My wife left me for a fisherman. I was gutted 'cos she was a good catch. Her name was Annette! Davy Fulton
- Hope all these fishpuns dont make you pull a mussel. Shannen Gray
- These fish puns are KRACKEN me up. Cheryl Gray
- I would add one but don't want to start a war. I'm a pacifisht! Dario Valente
- Salmon bream me my fish! Katherine Chapman
- I can't think of any good fish puns, if anyone can let minnow. Nicola Martin
- It's not my plaice to say but I codn't help myself - this all seems a bit fishy. Lynsay Hunter
- You need some background music....can i suggest some tunas by.... Walter Trout,Julian Bream and Charlie Musselwhite.. Mhairi Chambers
- These fish puns are Kraken me up. Susan Samson
- Oh for cods sake, not another fish pun . Kerry Lothian
- Sometimes I feel as if I’m just reinventing the whale. Kerry Lothian
- Have you got a good fish pun or do you need some more time to mullet over? Kerry Lothian
- reeled today, cod tomorra, Margaret Samson
- A fisherman's tale is always as long as yer arm! Margaret Samsom
- These fish puns are kraken me up. Lesley Carnochan
- Bit of a red herring if you ask me! Carole Mitchell Paton
- whale obviously this page is glubbin fintastic. Laura Meg Miller
- Let minnow when you pick a winner. LeeAnne Gray
- Eel be seeing you. Anne Campbell
- Don't worry, you can always join Plenty of Fish. Yvonne K Graham
- Stockbridge Local - the sole of the community. Trout of this world. Jamie Millar
- I would like to submit a fish pun but salmon beat me to it! Stuart McMillan
- Two parrots are sitting on a perch. One turns to the other and asks “Can you smell fish?” David Clark
- Dolphinately shoald be a whale of a time with lobsta fintastic prizes! Hilary Grieve
- No fin is better than Stockbridge, it’s the plaice to be - come sea for yourself! Louise Killough
- I’m sending this just for the ‘Halibut’, but my pun skills are ‘ofFISHally’ ‘Bleak’, I may have to ‘Mullet’ over some more.. Lois Rhodes
- Prawns with Tatties & Chrorizo - Becca91128
- Spaghetti alle Vongole - Becca91128
- Curried Seabass with Lentils - Tracey Anne
- Shellfish - Gary
- Salmon - Sandra Clarke
- Fresh fish - Carline Maclean
- Hectors Calamari - Ariel Katorza
- Seafood at Kilted Lobster - Niall Blackie
- Seafood at Kilted Lobster - Andrew Ross
- Octupus with ginger lemongrass & soy - Colette Murphy
- Seafood from EGG event - Charlene Smith
- Lobster my fave - Cheryl Gray
- Scottish Mussels from Mull - Claire Marriage
- Fish, Chips & Beans - Donna Grieve
- Armstrong's Scallops - Emma B Ettison
- Seafood at Kilted Lobster - Arlene 'sal' Crawford
- Fresh Fish by Dad - Julie Reilly Mackay
- Fish and Chips by Findlay's chipper Fraserburgh - Sarah Downs
- Lunch with EGGS Ondine - Victoria Erasmus
- Mackerel Tartare - Ben Slater
- Scallops and Chorizo - Carly Thomson
- Seafood - Beya Thomson
- Seafood Tomato Passata - Tracey Bright
- Seafood Platter - Noelie Charlita
- Chippy by the Sea - Cathy McNaught
- Bass - Morag Houston
- Posh Fish and chips plus Seafood - Rebecca Huntley
Two portions a week
Due to the large numbers of essential nutrients contained in fish and shellfish, many experts recommend that we try to eat at least two portions of seafood every week.
This recommendation has been made by the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN), which advises the Food Standards Agency (FSA). The SACN also suggested that at least one of our weekly portions of seafood should be oil-rich, such as trout, mackerel or herring.
A Fish Dish for every day of the Week ...
Click on the fish in bold for some simple mouthwatering recipes.
20% off Seafood
Get a fantastic 20% off Seafood dishes during Seafood Week at:
- Armstrong's (only on the fish of the day as above, closed Sun & Mon)
- Stockbridge Restaurant (excluding Sat & Sun, closed Mon)
- Taisteal (closed Mon)
Click here to receive code to obtain your 20% off & see T&C's.
Fish & Chippies ...
What better to go with fish than Golden Wonder's newly launched Chippies crisps.
GOLDEN WONDER recently celebrated its 70th anniversary by introducing its new 'Chippie' range in Stockbridge where the brand launched 70 years ago.
Click here to see full story.
Competition Time - £350 worth of prizes
We have the following to WIN:
- Armstrong's - £50 Voucher
- Franco's - £50 worth of Vouchers
- Hectors - £50 Voucher
- Golden Wonder - £100 worth of Chippie flavour crisps (Curry, Ready Salted & Salt & Vinegar)
- Stockbridge Restaurant - £50 Voucher
- Taisteal - £50 Voucher (to be used at lunch-time only)